If Vermintide 2 is stalling on Steam's 'Preparing to Launch' window, the solutions listed below may help you.
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum requirements for Vermintide 2:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or 64-bit Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.80 GHz / AMD FX-4350 @ 4.2 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5870
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 65 GB available space
- Ensure the latest Windows updates are installed
- Perform a clean re-installation of your GPU drivers using the instructions below:
- 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' via Steam, using the instructions here: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021233534--PC-How-to-Verify-Integrity-of-Game-Files-via-Steam
- Perform a Selective Startup. This can help diagnose whether a background application is resulting in your issue. This can be performed by:
- Press the Windows key
- Type 'msconfig' and select 'System Configuration'
- On the 'General' tab, select 'Selective Startup'
- Deselect 'Load startup Items'
- Reboot your PC
If the crashes no longer occur after having performed the Selective Startup, try re-introducing your programs one-by-one to determine which is causing your issue.