If one of your components is overheating under heavy load, this is likely to result in poor performance or the PC becoming unresponsive/crashing.
Temperatures can be monitored using something like CPUID's HWMonitor*. The CPUID HWMonitor can be downloaded here: https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Allow Vermintide 2 to run for at least 5 minutes, and then open up the monitor to see how hot your components are running.
Temperature ideals will vary between components, but you may have an overheating issue if the CPU exceeds 75°C, or if the GPU exceeds 85°C whilst under load.
To prevent overheating:
- A buildup of dust inside the PC can cause overheating issues. Carefully clean out the inside of the PC using a can of compressed air
- Play on a solid surface if using a laptop
- Close unnecessary background applications
- Enable VSync
- Lowering your video quality in Vermintide 2 can help boost performance and reduce heat
- Make sure your environment is cool. Playing in a room or area that is 27°C or higher can contribute to overheating
- Contact a hardware specialist to explore dedicated cooling solutions
*Please be aware we cannot accept responsibility for any issues that may arise as a result of using 3rd party software.