We're aware that players are sometimes experiencing an SSL_CONNECT_ERROR usually when beginning or ending levels, after entering the Bridge of Shadows portal. Though this error can also be experienced at other times.
If our general Connectivity Error solutions here do not resolve the issue, this can indicate a local data issue.
Remove Local Data and Re-Install Vermintide 2
Please be aware that by removing your AppData, you will lose any custom configurations such as keybindings. Your progress won't be impacted, as it's stored on our servers.
- Press the Windows key + R
- Enter %appdata% within the search input and select 'OK'
- Navigate to: AppData\Roaming\Fatshark
- Delete the entire 'Vermintide 2' directory
- Uninstall Vermintide 2 as normal
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
- Delete the entire 'Warhammer Vermintide 2' directory
Afterwards, you can then reinstall Vermintide 2 as normal.