WARNING: Changing the wrong options on a router can lead to losing access to the internet. Be cautious when modifying a router's configuration. Consult the device's manual or documentation before beginning this process.
This article can help in solving a variety of connectivity or latency-related issues, in addition to the errors below:
- SERVER ERROR
- SIGN-IN TIMEOUT
- CONNECTION TIMEOUT
NOTE: If you are experiencing the BACKEND REJECTED THE CHALLENGE RESPONSE error in Vermintide 2, please see: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360033298334--PC-Observing-a-BACKEND-REJECTED-THE-CHALLENGE-RESPONSE-Error-OR-Unable-to-Connect-to-Others-Craft-or-Open-Spoils-of-War-
Verify Integrity of Game Files
The 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' option is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.
- Right-click Vermintide 2 or Darktide in your Steam library sidebar
- Select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Local Files' tab
- Select the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' button
- When complete, close and reopen Steam
Check for Outages
Use the links below to check for known or planned outages.
Additionally, we recommend that you check the service status of your ISP.
Are you using a VPN, or anything else that could be interfering with your connection to our servers? Try disabling it!
Disable Your Mods (Vermintide 2)
Some mods have been known to contribute to connectivity and latency issues.
Reboot Your Router and PC
Try rebooting both your PC and router.
Ensure the Steam Client Is Up-to-Date
Steam released an important update on the 14th of February 2021 to address P2P networking issues.
You can check for updates by:
- Open the Steam client
- Select ‘Steam’ in the upper left-hand corner
- Select 'Check for Steam Client Updates...'
Add Firewall & Anti-Virus Exceptions
Please ensure the appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions are in place for both Vermintide 2 or Darktide and the Easy Anti-Cheat service.
Flush Your DNS
Flushing your DNS will clear your PC's DNS cache, and can resolve a variety of connectivity-related issues.
- Run the Command Prompt as an administrator
- Enter the command:
- Restart your PC
Change Your DNS
When clearing the PC's DNS cache has been unsuccessful, we recommend changing the DNS. Instructions on how to switch to Google DNS can be seen here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Check Your Internet Speeds
Check your connection's download and upload speeds using a website such as https://www.speedtest.net/. An upload speed of less than 1 Mbps is likely to result in an unstable experience, and we recommend not hosting if this is the case.
Disable Background Applications
Background applications can interfere with your connection to our servers.
A Selective Startup can help identify whether a background application is the cause of your errors:
- Press the Windows key
- Type 'msconfig' and select 'System Configuration'
- On the 'General' tab, select 'Selective Startup'
- Deselect 'Load startup Items'
- Reboot your PC
If the issues no longer occur after having performed the Selective Startup, try re-introducing your programs one-by-one to determine which is causing your errors.
Enable 'Small Network Packets' (Vermintide 2)
You can enable 'Small Network Packets' within Vermintide 2's 'Network' panel.
Please be aware this option cannot be used in combination with the Player List Plus mod.
Set Your 'Max Upload Speed' (Vermintide 2)
Set your 'Max Upload Speed' within Vermintide 2's 'Network' panel to reflect your actual upload speed.
Having UPnP enabled in your router will automatically allow the connections needed. If this option is not available to you, please see the 'Port Forwarding' section instead.
- Log in to the router’s Administration Control Panel
- This is usually done through a web browser by navigating to the router’s internal IP address. Consult the router’s user manual for help accessing the control panel
- Find the 'UPnP' option, usually located under the 'LAN' or 'Firewall' category. Consult the router's user manual for help locating the UPnP setting
- Enable UPnP and save the changes
- Disconnect and reconnect all devices on the network
Please only do this if enabling the UPnP option in your router is not an option.
- Please consult the router's user manual for detailed instructions on how to set up Port Forwarding
- Ensure the required ports for Steam are open: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
Disable Power Management Settings in Ethernet/Wi-Fi Properties
Changing your 'Power Management' setting can help prevent your Ethernet or Wi-Fi connections being disabled due to power saving.
- Open 'Control Panel' and navigate to 'Network and Internet'
- Select 'Network and Sharing Center'
- Select your connection e.g. 'Ethernet' to open the status window
- Select 'Properties'
- Under 'Networking', you should see your Ethernet/Wireless hardware listed. Select 'Configure...'
- Go to the 'Power Management' tab
- Disable any power saving options, e.g. 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
Check Changes to Your PC's Hosts
Have you ever made manual changes to your PC's hosts in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc?
Please be aware that such changes can result in connectivity incompatibilities.
Set Steam's Download Region
Ensure your 'Download Region' in the Steam client is set appropriately to a nearby location by:
- Open the Steam client
- Select 'Steam' in the upper left-hand corner
- Select 'Settings'
- Select 'Downloads' within the sidebar
- Set your 'Download Region' to an appropriate nearby location and save the changes
Connect to a Mobile Hotspot
If available, we recommend connecting your PC to a mobile hotspot, to see if the issue persists whilst under another connection.
This can help in isolating the issue to the network or PC.
Switch to a Wired Connection
Vermintide 2 requires a constant and stable internet connection. For the best experience, we strongly recommend a wired internet connection as WiFi connections may lead to issues induced by poor connectivity and stability.
Contact Your ISP
If your errors persist despite having tried all of the solutions above, we recommend that you contact your ISP - be sure to quote the appropriate server address: