WARNING: Changing the wrong options on a router can lead to losing access to the internet. Be cautious when modifying a router's configuration. Consult the device's manual or documentation before beginning this process.
The SIGN-IN TIMEOUT - COULDNT_CONNECT - CONNECTION TIMEOUT - COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST errors all occur for similar reasons, and can be solved by the same solutions listed below:
Verify Integrity of Game Files
The 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' option is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.
- Right-click Vermintide 2 in your Steam library sidebar
- Select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Local Files' tab
- Select the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' button
- When complete, close and reopen Steam
Check for Outages
Use the links below to check for known or planned outages.
Additionally, we recommend that you check the service status of your ISP.
Reboot Your Router and PC
Try rebooting both your PC and router.
Add Firewall & Anti-Virus Exceptions
Please ensure the appropriate Anti-Virus and Firewall exceptions are in place for both Vermintide 2 and the Easy Anti-Cheat service.
Flush Your DNS
Flushing your DNS will clear your PC's DNS cache, and can resolve a variety of connectivity-related issues.
- Run the Command Prompt as an administrator
- Enter the command:
- Restart your PC
Change Your DNS
When clearing the PC's DNS cache has been unsuccessful, we recommend changing the DNS. Instructions on how to switch to Google DNS can be seen here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Disable Background Applications
Background applications can interfere with the workings of Vermintide 2.
A Selective Startup can help identify whether a background application is the cause of your errors:
- Press the Windows key
- Type 'msconfig' and select 'System Configuration'
- On the 'General' tab, select 'Selective Startup'
- Deselect 'Load startup Items'
- Reboot your PC
If the issues no longer occur after having performed the Selective Startup, try re-introducing your programs one-by-one to determine which is causing your errors.
Having UPnP enabled in your router will automatically allow the connections needed. If this option is not available to you, please see the 'Port Forwarding' section instead.
- Log in to the router’s Administration Control Panel
- This is usually done through a web browser by navigating to the router’s internal IP address. Consult the router’s user manual for help accessing the control panel
- Find the 'UPnP' option, usually located under the 'LAN' or 'Firewall' category. Consult the router's user manual for help locating the UPnP setting
- Enable UPnP and save the changes
- Disconnect and reconnect all devices on the network
Please only do this if enabling the UPnP option in your router is not an option.
- Please consult the router's user manual for detailed instructions on how to set up Port Forwarding
- Ensure the required ports for Steam are open: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
Switch to a Wired Connection
Vermintide 2 requires a constant and stable internet connection. For the best experience, we strongly recommend a wired internet connection as WiFi connections may lead to issues induced by poor connectivity and stability.
Contact Your ISP
If your errors persist despite having tried all of the solutions above, we recommend that you contact your ISP - be sure to quote our server address URL, which is https://5107.playfabapi.com/