Error 23 is an error from our anti-cheat service, Easy Anti-Cheat, and indicates missing dependencies such as DirectX, GPU drivers, Windows updates, Visual C++ Redistributables. Please see the solutions below.
- Ensure the latest updates for Windows are installed
- Perform a clean re-installation of your GPU drivers using the instructions below:
- Reinstall the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributables. Please uninstall the existing version (important!), reboot your PC and reinstall from the Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145
- If an error is displayed claiming the redistributables cannot be installed as a newer version is already installed on the PC, please reinstall the Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables instead
- Remove the 'Certificates' directory located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\EasyAntiCheat
Then, proceed to repair Easy Anti-Cheat using the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
- You may be prompted to Verify Integrity of Game Files on launch
For more help, please reach out to Easy Anti-Cheat directly by clicking here.