The Untrusted System File errors often occur when a DLL on your PC has become corrupted and is consequently considered suspicious by our anti-cheat service, Easy Anti-Cheat. Please run through our list of solutions below.
- Verify Integrity of Game Files via Steam, using the instructions here: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360021233534--PC-How-to-Verify-Integrity-of-Game-Files-via-Steam
- Remove the 'Certificates' directory located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\EasyAntiCheat
Then, proceed to repair Easy Anti-Cheat using the EasyAntiCheat_Setup executable located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Warhammer Vermintide 2\installers\EasyAntiCheat
- Perform a clean re-installation of your GPU drivers using the instructions below:
- Run the Windows System File Checker using the instructions here: https://support.fatshark.se/hc/en-us/articles/360039450413--PC-How-to-run-the-Windows-System-File-Checker
- Ensure you have the latest updates for Windows installed
- Run an Anti-Virus scan, as it's possible that a virus is present on the PC. Easy Anti-Cheat recommend using Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/
- If you have another PC in the household, you may be able to manually replace the corrupted DLL with a valid copy from another PC
- Make note of the "untrusted" DLL and pop it into a Google search. You should be able to work out which program the DLL belongs to by doing this, and you will then need to reinstall or repair the affected program
Please do not download DLLs from untrusted or unknown sources.