Ensure 'user_settings.config' File is Not Set as 'Read-only'
If your subscribed mods continually revert to a 'Disabled' state (unticked in the 'Installed Workshop Mods' list), it's likely because your user_settings.config is set to 'Read-only'. This can be changed by:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Enter %appdata% and select the ‘OK’ button
- Navigate to: AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
- Right-click user_settings.config and select ‘Properties’
- Under ‘Attributes’, deselect the ‘Read-only’ checkbox
- Apply the changes
Verify Integrity of Game Files
The 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' option is accessible via the Steam client and will ensure the installation is complete.
- Right-click Vermintide 2 in your Steam library sidebar
- Select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Local Files' tab
- Select the 'Verify the Integrity of Game Files' button
- When complete, close and reopen Steam
Unsubscribe and Re-Subscribe
Try unsubscribing and re-subscribing to all of your mods via the Steam Workshop and then repeat the 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' process detailed above.